Skales Reveals The Reason He Left EME For Baseline Records

Nigerian rapper cum singer Skales, recently revealed the reason he
left Eme for Baseline Records, where he is expecting to drop his
album. The singer’s contract with EME was not renewed, which
forced him out of the label.

image

The artiste said he still maintains a good relationship with the label
because his exit was a mutual agreement.
Speaking on a radio show on Tuesday, July 29, 2014, Skales said
he believes in doing things by himself.
“I just believe in doing things myself, I have big dreams, and there
are things I want to do, and people don’t understand me, but as
time goes on, they will get used to it. I am one of the few people
that believe success is the best revenge, I am not ready for any
beef, I think I have grown,” he said.
Commenting further, he said part of the things he did not like was
the working differences.
“This is the way I want to go and they say this is the way they want
me to go and that’s not me, it can’t work. That’s part of the
reasons though, there is always two stories to everything. I am just
saying how I feel; I don’t want to go deeper than this, before I
offend anybody,” Skales further said.
According to the artiste, his new record label, Baseline, was willing
to make him bigger and had big plans for him, which made him
joined the company.
He said the music outfit is now giving back to his fans by giving out
$10,000.
“We are giving out $10,000 to any fan who uploads a video,
dancing to ‘Shake Body’ (his new single) and the fan with the
highest views and like gets the money,” Skales noted, while
sending “a big shout out to Baseline for making this possible.”

Mad Man Stabbed Two Police Officers In Alakija Lagos

image

A suspected kidnapper who disguised as a mad man has been
arrested at Alakija bus stop in Lagos after he allegedly attacked
two policemen on duty with a bottle.
The drama took place inside the premises of a Redeemed Christian
Church of God in Alakija area of Lagos state Nigeria yesterday.
The policemen on duty were attacked as they tried to chase an
insane woman away from the premises of the aforementioned
church.
Read eyewitness account of the story:
“Trouble started when the woman was standing in front of the
church and policemen deployed to the area attempted to evict her.
“Suddenly, a madman, who was watching what was going on, went
to meet the policemen ostensibly to stop them.
“The policemen left the woman and confronted the insane man.
They started beating him with their batons. The madman, who was
with a stick started flogging the policemen.
“Suddenly, the madman brought out a broken bottle from his bag
and stabbed the two policemen, who were later rushed to Navy
Town Hospital by church members and onlookers.
“News got to other policemen attached to the church that their
colleagues had been stabbed by a Madman and they reinforced and
began to look for the madman, whom they found at Alakija Bus-
stop.
“The five policemen surrounded the madman and tried to
overpower him and after much struggle, they tied him up with a
rope and bundled him into their van and took him back to the
church for interrogation.”
Many people who witnessed the drama said the woman and the
man are both kidnappers disguised as insane people to carry out
their evil plot.

“No New case of Ebola in Lagos” – Lagos state Government

The Lagos state government says no new case of Ebola virus has
been discovered in the state or in any part of the country.
According to the Special Adviser to the Lagos state Governor on
Public Health, Dr (Mrs) Yewande Adeshina, all the 59 people who
had direct or indirect contact with late Liberian Patrick Sawyer who
died last Friday in Lagos from the virus, have been traced, tested
and found to be hale and hearty and have not exhibited any unusual
body temperature or any other symptoms of the dreaded virus.
Continue..
In a related development, the state Commissioner for Information,
Lateef Ibirogba advised residents to be wary of the activities of
fraudsters who are making spurious claims about their ability to
provide cure for the Ebola Virus, urging them to always contact
health providers to report unusual feelings noticed as only medical
solutions are known to be appropriate for the disease. He warned
those making false claims of being able to cure the disease to
desist from it or would be made to face the full wrath of the law
once they are caught.
He reminded residents of the State to make use of the emergency
phone numbers- 08023169485 , 08033086660 , 08033065303,
08055281442 and 08055329229 provided to contact health
authorities in case anyone with observed symptoms of the Ebola
disease is noticed.

Justin to Orlando I Balled Now You Bawl

image

Justin Bieber has declared Instagram war on Orlando Bloom …
with a pic of the Brit dissolving into tears.It’s Bieber’s second
Instagram salvo … hours after Orlando took a swing at him at
Cipriani restaurant in Ibiza he posted a sexy pic of Miranda Kerr
and then quickly took it down.Miranda — the Helen of Troy in this
war — was the trigger for the bar scuffle. It’s clear Orlando felt
Justin was banging her while they were still man and wife. We’d
say there’s no use crying over Miranda, but then again …

Selena Gomez I Did NOT Bang Orlando Bloom… It Was Just A Cigarette Break

image

Selena Gomez says she’s never done the nasty with Orlando
Bloom … and she has absolutely zero to do with his raging battle
against her ex-BF Justin Bieber.Sources directly connected to
Selena tell us … the reason she was with Orlando back in March
is because their manager organized an event for his clients at We
Day in Oakland.As for the widely-circulated photo of Orlando and
Selena at a Chelsea Handler show in L.A. a few weeks later … it
was nothing more than a smoke break. They were actually with
their respective groups of friends and happened to be next to each
other when the pic was snapped. And here’s Orlando’s speech at
the same event.

NOT AGAIN! LASU BOILS AS STUDENTS, STAFF CLASH AFTER STRIKING WORKERS LOCK DOWN SCHOOL, PREVENTS PRESS CONFERENCE

Lagos State University today witnessed yet
another set of protests as some members
of staff closed down the school.
The planned convocation ceremony might
have been dealt another blow as some
senior staff members under the aegis of
the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian
University, Lasu branch today disrupted
school activities while on a peaceful
protest.
Voiceoflagos.com sources confirm that the
protesting workers this morning disrupted
an ongoing Press Conference which was
supposed to begin a line of activities to
usher in the 19th Convocation ceremony
which comes up next week.
The protesting workers also reportedly
closed down the ICT complex as well as
the students affairs building thereby
making it impossible for prospective
National Youth Service Corp members to
conclude their clearance and receipt of call
up numbers as camp is due to open on
Monday 5th of August.
In a swift reaction, it was observed that the
affected students quickly moved to counter
protest against the striking workers.
Confirm reports shows that the students
also marched down to the venue where the
workers were having a congress to also
prevent it from holding.
Sources have further revealed that both
parties (the workers and affected students)
might be set for a showdown as the days
progress as they are presently both at each
others throat as to the latest development