Chelsea have sacked manager Jose Mourinho
seven months after he led them to the Premier
The 52-year-old Portuguese had been in his
second spell at the club,taking charge in June
Chelsea finished eight points clear last season
and won the League Cup, but have lost nine of
their 16 league games so far and are 16th in the
table, one point above the relegation places.
Mourinho’s final match was Monday’s 2-1
defeat at leaders Leicester City.
Pep Guardiola, Guus Hiddink, Juande Ramos and
Brendan Rodgers have all been touted as
possible successors as Blues owner Roman
Abramovich begins another managerial search.
“Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinho have
today parted company by mutual consent.
“All at Chelsea thank Jose for his immense
contribution since he returned as manager in the
summer of 2013.
“His three league titles, FA Cup, Community
Shield and three League Cup wins over two
spells make him the most successful manager in
our 110-year history.
“But both Jose and the board agreed results
have not been good enough this season and
believe it is in the best interests of both parties
to go our separate ways.
“The club wishes to make clear Jose leaves us
on good terms and will always remain a much-
loved, respected and significant figure at
“His legacy at Stamford Bridge and in England
has long been guaranteed and he will always be
warmly welcomed back to Stamford Bridge.
“The club’s focus is now on ensuring our
talented squad reaches its potential.
Real Madrid superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo pulled
a stunt this afternoon as a best ball-juggling
hobo on the streets of Madrid.
He was cunningly disguised as a homeless
person, complete with full and rough beards,
padded suit and dog companion on the streets
The video, in collaboration with of ROC Live Life
Loud, sees the Ballon d’Or holder interact with
passers-by – including him being ignored by
pensioners while having a request for the phone
number from a pretty girl politely rejected.
However, despite being unaware they were in the
company of one of the world’s greatest players,
most people in Spain’s capital were pleased to
engage with the mysterious vagabond before
Ronaldo revealed his true identity to an
After almost embarrassing the young boy with
his dribbling skills, the 30-year-old stopped to
sign the ball he had been playing with before
stripping off his disguise and gifting the ball to
the awe struck child – while subsequently
creating pandemonium in the streets.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. is officially confirming what
Our sources first told you — he’s giving Andre Berto a shot at
the title next month. Floyd just posted a promotional
poster for the Sept. 12th Las Vegas bout on his
Instagram. We broke the story more than 2 weeks ago
… when the deal was actually inked. As usual, the 48-0
Floyd is feeling confident. He boasted on his IG post,
“September 12, 2015 for number 49. Come be part of
the history.” Of course, Berto’s no slouch at 33-3.
Place your wagers.
Former British boxing champ Anthony Small — who was
23-2 as a pro — is on trial in England for allegedly
trying to sneak off to Syria to join ISIS … this
according to the BBC. The 33-year-old boxer was
arrested in England along with two other men after
authorities say they were trying to forge documents to
illegally enter Syria. Small and the two men have all
been charged with engaging in conduct in preparation
of terrorist acts — though Small DENIES the allegation.
Small most famously fought in “The Contender
Challenge: U.K. vs. USA” in 2007 — when fighters from
the U.S. reality show “The Contender” flew to England
to fight up-and-coming boxers, including Small. Small
defeated Walter Wright, who competed in Season 2 of
the boxing reality show. Small converted to Islam at
the age of 24 — and in 2012, he made a YouTube video
in which he said he quit boxing because the sport took
place in venues that Muslims are forbidden to enter
because of gambling, alcohol and half-naked ring girls
Sepp Blatter says he will resign as president of
football’s governing body Fifa amid a corruption
In announcing his exit, the 79-year-old Swiss has
called an extraordinary Fifa congress “as soon as
possible” to elect a new president.
Blatter was re-elected last week, despite seven top
Fifa officials being arrested two days before the vote
as part of a US prosecution.
But he said: “My mandate does not appear to be
supported by everybody.”
Fifa was rocked last week by the arrests on charges
of racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering as
part of a US prosecution that also indicted 14 people.
A separate criminal investigation by Swiss authorities
into how the 2018 and 2022 World Cups were
allocated is also under way.
“I am very much linked to Fifa and its interests.
Those interests are dear to me and this is why I am
taking this decision,” added Blatter.
“What counts most to me is the institute of Fifa and
football around the world.”
Cristiano Ronaldo can teach any guy a lesson …
assuming he doesn’t have a hair on his body. The 30-
year-old soccer stud was showing his buddies some
moves aboard a yacht in St. Tropez. It’s unclear if it’s
rooted in martial arts or The Village People, but either
way he looks good for sure. Cristiano was on board
with Chloe Green, the Topshop heiress. The boat is
owned by her dad, billionaire Sir Philip Green. Do you
think he makes people shave before they walk up the
A veterinary student is considering dropping out
of school and pursuing a modelling career after
LeBron James ‘liked’ one of her photos on
Josett Latrice posted an image of her posing in
leggings and sunglasses on instagram and the
King of the NBA showed his appreciation.
The married father-of-three reacted despite a
self-imposed social media ban during the
Cleveland Cavaliers’ play-off run.
Latrice disclosed that the athlete’s recognition
was a ‘sign from God’ that she should pursue
‘It makes me feel awesome,’ she told TMZ. ‘I
love the fact that he liked my picture.’
The student admitted she did not realize the All-
Star had ‘liked’ the picture until the morning
Her friends began to take notice when articles
about the aspiring model started to appear
She confirmed she is not a ‘booty’ model, but
is already planning for her future in the fashion
Latrice now hopes to talk to modelling agents
and ‘get her picture out there’.
The picture was initially posted onto the
account @perfectbooties, where women pay to
have their pictures uploaded.
Her personal Instagram has a collection of
risque shots, as well as the pose approved by